Daily Dish: Filet Mignon with Mushroom Wine Sauce
- 1/2 cup less-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat.
Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan. Add mushrooms to pan, and cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove mushrooms from pan. Remove pan from heat; add Marsala, scraping the pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium. Return pan to heat. Add broth mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in mushrooms.
- Calories:318 (31% from fat)
- Fat:11.1g (sat 4.2g,mono 4.5g,poly 0.6g)
- Recipe From: MyRecipe